Collaboration is at the heart of Nicobar. We’ve designed cookware and tableware with chef Gary Mehigan, menswear with designer Suket Dhir, accessories with visual artist Sameer Kulavoor, and homeware with the design studio NOVEMBER. We’re on the lookout for our next collaborator and we’re looking at you, design students.
To participate in this contest, ensure that you submit this form IN ADDITION TO posting your design on Instagram with the hashtag #DIYWithNicobar. We encourage you to read the terms and conditions thoroughly before submitting.
- By registering for the completion, you will be deemed to have read the Terms & Conditions and will be legally bound by the same.
- Perpetuity rights are given to Nicobar Design Private Limited and its selected authorized personnel for the use of photos/videos that are developed of the persons and their designs for promotional purposes. By officially signing up to this competition, all participants to tag Nicobar on Instagram (Posts and/or stories) & agree that if required, they will share their designs via email.
- All IPR and related rights (including rights of commercial use) in the designs submitted and in the photos, videos, tapes, recordings of the Participants and their designs, story shall solely and perpetually vest with Nicobar Design Private Limited throughout the world.
- Individual (or group) participants will be able to use their own work for personal and professional purposes (in work portfolios etc.) with appropriate image rights granted by Nicobar Design Private Limited.
- The competition is open to individuals, but it can be completed, if required, as a team collaboration (with other registered students of the same institution), however, the person in whose name is officially registered on the online student registration form, shall be the only individual entitled and recognized for the benefits of the competition to receive the prize. If working as a team then the names and contact details of all the participants of the team needs to be clearly conveyed to Nicobar Design Private Limited when submitting the final creative designs.
- The Participant shall ensure that all submitted designs are their own work and do not infringe with any copyright / plagiarism rules and regulations / Intellectual Property Rights of any third party (hereinafter collectively called “IPR”). Any design submissions that are found to be in contradiction to this will be excluded immediately from the competition. Nicobar Design Private Limited or any of its group or Company, shall not be liable for any dispute that arises as a result of infringement of any copyright / plagiarism rules and regulations / Intellectual Property Rights of any third party and the participant shall be solely responsible for the same.
- The Participant shall indemnify Nicobar Design Private Limited or any of its group Company for all cost, damages, losses (including loss of reputation) suffered due to a.
- Nicobar Design Private Limited reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Competition or change the terms and conditions thereto without giving any reason and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation or postpone or change. Any such cancellation, postponement or change would be notified earlier, if possible.
- Nicobar Design Private Limited has the sole right to select the designs and decision of Nicobar Design private Limited on the winner and on all questions relating to the competition shall be final and binding.
- Nicobar shall be free to use any designs received by it from any participant for any purpose whatsoever, including development and production of final designed product. No rights, benefits, consideration shall accrue to the participant
- Nicobar Design Private Limited reserves the right to make any modifications to the final winning designs, if required, to align with the specification production needs and for the same Nicobar Designers will work with the winning designers
- Nicobar Design Private Limited reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Participant has breached any of the terms, conditions, and rules of the competition. Also, no rights, benefits, consideration shall accrue to the participants.
- Where similar/ identical designs are submitted by different Participants, the Participant who has submitted first will be considered for the Competition unless decided otherwise by Nicobar.
- Unless agreed otherwise, this arrangement is governed by the laws of New Delhi, and the courts thereof shall have exclusive jurisdiction to try any disputes under the arrangement.
- Competition Schedule : Only designs submitted by students enrolled in educational institutions by 28th December 2020 will qualify for the competition